Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Court Clerks in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Court Clerks (NOC 1443) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- Potluck Café Society recently launched Knack, a program offering workplace readiness workshops and digital badges to demonstrate skills to potential employers. Knack offers an eight-week soft skills program and a 12-week kitchen skills training.
- Mr. Red Café opened a new location in Kitsilano
- Emilio Finatti Sicilian Pizzeria opened its second location in Langley. The company employs 25 people between its two locations.
- Polygon is building a new 27-storey residential high rise in Coquitlam. The new building includes 179 two- and three-bedroom apartments, and is expected to be complete in summer 2018.
- The Canadian Coast Guard base in Kitsilano reopened on May 1 after being closed for three years
- Langley Hospice Society received approval for a new stand-alone facility with 15 beds. The facility will be planned and built over the next few years.
- Clothing retailer Aeropostale is closing all 41 of its locations in Canada, including two in BC, as well as 113 locations in the US. The closures represent 20% of the retailer's total locations.
- Meridian Farm Market Store opened a new location in Maple Ridge. Approximately 40 positions were created at the new store.
- Delta Board of Education is cutting 12 full-time education assistant positions and eight full-time teaching and library positions
- Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows School Board will end its school bus transportation service next year. The change will affect 370 students who are currently riding the school bus.
- Three new 25-storey towers were proposed for White Rock¿s town centre. The towers would include approximately 342 units ranging from 1,100 to 25,000 sq.-ft. The development also includes a daycare centre for up to 70 children.
- Bowen Island Pub is constructing a new, larger building at its current location
- Meridian Farm Market held a job fair for its new location in Maple Ridge. The job fair attracted over 250 applicants, 42 of which were hired.
- Air Canada will begin offering direct flights between Vancouver and Delhi on October 20. The thrice-weekly flights are expected to add 94 jobs in BC.
- Holmberg House, Abbotsford¿s first adult hospice, opened its doors at the end of April. The 30,000 sq.-ft. facility provides end-of-life care to adults as young as 19 in a home-like setting.
- Air Canada will begin offering three flights per week between Vancouver and Brisbane, Australia, starting in June 2016
- Victoria Clipper has postponed the launch of its Vancouver to Victoria ferry service until spring 2017
- Capilano University is closing its Community Music School. The closure will affect about 16 part-time instructors and 250 students at the North Vancouver University.
- Ledingham McAllister is building Escala, a 42-storey high-rise, in Burnaby's Brentwood area. The development, which includes 520 homes and townhomes, began selling at the end of April.
- Aritzia, a women's clothing retailer, opened a new location in Vancouver
- Up to 130 marijuana shops in Vancouver were forced to close their doors at the end of April. Of the 176 businesses that applied under the city's new regulations last year, only 41 were allowed to remain open.
- Polygon R&R Homes is developing R + R, a new 99-unit residential development in Vancouver. The six-storey building is Polygon's fifth development in as many years in Vancouver's River District.
- Bao Down, a Vancouver-based restaurant, opened a new location in False Creek
- CaliBurger is opening a franchise in Vancouver
- Ladner-Tsawwassen Kinsmen Club and Reach Child and Youth Development Society are building a new 21,000 sq.-ft. building in Delta. Construction is expected to begin in August.
- Electra Meccanica, a Vancouver-based electric vehicle manufacturer, is preparing to launch a single-seat electric vehicle named "Solo". The company is opening retail stores in Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle and Manhattan.
- Choo Choo's, a family-friendly restaurant in Lanley, recently closed its doors
- Vancouver city council is considering a shared-ownership pilot program to help make home ownership more affordable for moderate-income, longer-term residents
- Fresh St. Market is opening a new location in Surrey's Panorama Village shopping mall. The new store is currently under renovations and is expected to open in August.
- Harkness and Co. Butchers closed the retail storefront of its Mount Pleasant butcher shop. The butcher is beginning a three-month trial offering meat as a delivery service instead, taking orders online.
- Date Modified: