Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Farmers and farm managers manage the operations and functions of a farm. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals and marketing farm products.
apiarist, apple grower, breeder, domestic animals, chicken farmer, dairy farmer, feedlot manager, fruit farmer, fur farmer, grape grower, hog breeder, horse breeder, maple syrup producer, market gardener, potato farmer, rancher, seed grower, sod farmer, vegetable grower, vineyard manager, viticulturist, wheat farmer.
- Manage the overall operation of a farm, ranch or orchard
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Plant, cultivate and harvest crops
- Raise and breed livestock and poultry
- Hire and supervise farm workers
- Establish a marketing program
- Purchase farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Develop and keep financial and production records.
Farmers and farm managers may manage farms specialized in particular crops such as wheat, apples or potatoes or raise particular livestock such as beef cattle, hogs or chickens.
Jobs for Farmers and Farm Managers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
Job opportunities are updated daily.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada's National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: